Secretary - Dylan McDonald phone 3182636
C/- PDC fax 3182673
Homebush Road firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting: Reconvened to Thursday 23 January, 8pm
Present: Anne McAndrew (President), Malcolm Bennett (Treasurer), Dylan McDonald (Secretary), Neil McAndrew (Committee), Juanita McAndrew (Committee), Merv Hynam (Committee), Gibb Johnston (Committee), Trevor Cochrane (Committee), Mike Searle (Committee), Ash Williams (Committee)
Meeting open at 8.09pm
Noel Langridge (IPP), Pete McAndrew (Committee), Shane Dixon (Trevor/ Juanita)
2. Additions to the Adoption of the Agenda:
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting: Thursday 12 November.
a) Moved for acceptance: Malcolm/Trevor. Carried.
1. No letter to Eddy at this stage, to be discussed at this meeting.
2. Haycarting has gone well.
3. Order book letterhead - approx $140, order book purchased with SRFC stamp on it.
4. Signatories has been done, ie Malcolm, Anne, Dylan.
4. Inwards Correspondence:
1. Edward Arnold - Hororata Hotel - breakdown of income and expenditure in his point of view for 2002 year and his views on the issues surrounding the purchase of items for the SRFC through Pub Charity.
2. Paydirt - thanks for support in survey - $180 donation. Division I
3. Steve Richards - $732 Haycarting fundraising - Division I
4. Bill Radford - Crutching donation $200 - Division I
5. Anne McAndrew - $11 refreshments sales - Club Funds
6. Roger Parsons - $160 Haycarting - Division I
7. $3286 Pub Charity - National Pool - Donated for Club General Use.
8. Bill Chapman $15 photo money
9. Ellesmere Rugby Sub-Union
10. $582.20 - proceeds from speed shearing Darfield Hotel.
11. Ellesmere Rugby Sub-Union - Dates to Remember 2003, Division I Team list sheet,
12. Ellesmere Rugby Sub-Union - Hosting Representatives Fixtures, Transfer of player forms etc.
13. Malvern News - Speed Shearing invoice - $84
14. Donation - Terrace Downs - $200
15. Ellesmere Rugby Invoice for Affiliation Fees - $120
Discussion regarding team - looks likely to be a good team with good numbers turning up. Is there going to be a Third’s team.
Discussion regarding advertising for Speed Shearing - we agreed to pay the bill.
Moved as Tabled: Merv/Juanita Carried.
5. Outwards Correspondence:
In our bank account we have. $6959.25
Accounts outstanding. Garment Graphics $2475.00
Turners Stationery $17.50
Malvern News $84.00
Ellesmere Rugby Sub Union $120.00
Moved for payment Neil/Dylan Carried
c) Division 1
d) Division 2
f) Fund-Raising Committee
1. Outstanding Account - Shirts etc. Letter from Eddy Arnold read to the Committee. Discussion had. Dylan - read Eddy’s letter and explained the workings according to Eddy. Dylan then read the costs according to Malcolm and Dylan’s workings. Malcolm questioned why we had a letter from Eddy without having received one from the club. We currently owe $2475 to Garment Graphics. Merv suggested that we could get an independent review of the situation. Ash asked what happened to the people who embezzled from the club last time. The police were called in for that. Ash and Malcolm suggested the possibility to send the pub charity back re: $2200. Noel has got some jackets from Ed Arnold. Malcolm moved that the $2475 outstanding account to Garment Graphics be paid seconded by Merv. Carried
2. Golf Tournament - if it is to go ahead, then it must be actioned sooner than later. Ashley suggested that Meridian may be involved as a Corporate Sponsor. Graham Simes will be a good person to organise it. Pip Oliver needs to know some dates to use as a guide. Phone call from Noel - to be confirmed for 2 March. Definite advertising and requests for sponsorship needed. Ash said he would do it if he wasn’t busy, 91FM etc to be asked to sponsor for free. Noel has list of names to approach. Malvern News, School Newsletters etc, Buy/Sell. Feeding crew needed, need new people to help out.
3. Firewood drive needed at Grasslands - Saturday 1 February. Log splitters on the go - Mac Mart to be approached for free use of log splitter. Major fund-raiser for the whole club. Dylan to ask Mac’s Mart for the log-splitter (or Jerry). If Saturday is wet, then do on Sunday. Dylan to do newsletter to the schools - Meet at the main yard. Rakaia Terrace Road - Grasslands. Leeches onto Rakaia-Terrace Road - 2km. Bring axes, log-splitters, offers for sale of wood in newsletters - $120 cord. - dry pine, ready for this season. 10am - 4pm. Ex coaches etc to ring lists of parents.
4. No coaches confirmed for Senior Team. Merv coaching Under 9 team. Brent O’Donnell no longer able to coach for Selwyn due to moving to Picton. Coaches needed for all JAB teams. Dylan to advertise through school newsletters. (Parent help, coaching, managing etc.)
5. JAB. Registration Day - Sunday 23 February. Registration forms needed (Dylan to action) for this day and send newsletter to other schools. Advertised our registration days and include an Under 11 team for Selwyn. Dylan to action advert in Malvern News about this day. Contact - number = Merv 3182308.
6. Last day of Cricket, Monday 24 March.
7. Combined sports raffles - Feb is the Rugby club’s turn - Fridays, meat at the pub already. 7th Feb - Merv, 14th - Juanita, 21st - Anne, 28th Ash.
8. Dylan, Merv and Malcolm to meet at school 10am on Saturday to write a reply to Eddy Arnold, outlining our view of the current situation.
9. Costs for 2003 were raised, Trevor read the minutes from August.
10. Request for better quality posts for the club. One of the senior posts is rusted. Dylan to approach Lee Golding.
Meeting Closed - 9.30pm. Minutes Approved: Chairperson
At the February Meeting (date)
Meetings to be held Third Tuesday of each month.
18 February 18 March 15 April
20 May 17 June 15 July 19 August
16 September 21 October 18 November 16 December
Copies of Minutes to:
Malcolm 3182845 (fax)
Noel 3182864 (fax)
Neil McAndrew Boulder Park, Sleemans Road, RD2 Darfield
Merv copy from school