Secretary - Dylan McDonald phone 3182636
C/- PDC fax 3182673
Homebush Road firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting: 18 February, 2003
Present: Anne McAndrew (President), Malcolm Bennett (Treasurer), Dylan McDonald (Secretary), Neil McAndrew (Committee), Trevor Cochrane (Committee), Mike Searle (Committee), Ash Williams (Committee), Noel Langridge (IPP), Pete McAndrew (Committee),
Meeting open at 8.00pm
Juanita McAndrew (Committee), Merv Hynam (Committee), Shane Dixon (Committee). Trev/Dylan - Carried
2. Additions to the Adoption of the Agenda:
3. Minutes of the Previous Meeting: Thursday 23 January, 2003.
a) Moved for acceptance: Malcolm/Trevor. Carried.
1. Letter to Eddy still to be sent
2. No JAB coaches at this stage have come forward. Coaches to be organized on JAB day.
4. Inwards Correspondence:
1. ERSU Division 1 Criteria for Team Entry to Ellesmere/Mid Canterbury Combined Division 1 Grade.
2. ERSU Receipt for $120
3. ERSU Nomination form 2003
4. ERSU Addition to dates to remember, Mouth guard numbers
5. ERSU Team Entries 2003
6. ERSU Minutes of ERSU Management Committee, Finance Report, JAB Exec Meeting Minutes
7. ERSU Division 1 Player Registration Team Master Sheet
8. Marist Albion Rugby Club information re Wayne McWhirter nomination to CRFU Board of Directors
9. NZRugbyNet - Application for NZRugbyNet
10. CRFU NZRugbyNet Training information
11. CRFU Girls Age Rugby 6 Tournaments 1 per month April September, entries by 26th March.
12. CRFU Mouthguards 2003, Responsible Gambling Bill
13. CRFU Clubs Accounts to be forwarded to Tim Gilkinson prior to AGM on 24 Feb (next Monday)
14. CRFU Womens 10-a-side Tournament 22 March, entries by 14th March, $100 per team
15. Rebel Sport Catalogue and Internet Ordering Application form
16. CRFU Club Database (including floppy disk)
17. CRFU Request for pre-season referees form
18. CRFU Womens Rugby AGM Agenda for Monday 3 March.
19. Wrightsons sponsorship for SRFC shorts Seniors and Beanies + $10 for dog biscuit sales.
Moved as Tabled: Ash/Dylan Carried.
5. Outwards Correspondence:
Moved as Tabled: Anne Carried.
In our bank account we have. $3952.10
Accounts outstanding. Turners Stationery Order book, Stamp pad 21.40
Malvern Record get together 36.00
Money Received $1340
Firewood $240 Hororata Hotel, J McAndrew $120, Coalgate $480, Penny Taylor $120
To Pay us G. Wilson 240
Moved for payment Malcom/Neil Carried
c) Division 1
d) Division 2
f) Fund-Raising Committee
Outstanding Account - Shirts etc. Dylan to finalise the account and letter on behalf of Anne.
Golf Tournament All holes sponsored Well done to Ash, most will bring their own plates, sponsorship board needed, prizes getting dropped off at Sheffield and Darfield. Noel volunteered to help get prizes, other prizes needed. Anne has bought 20 prizes. Some sponsors have given money but not for a hole. Hamish Low will be the preferred grocer. Ham donated for meal by Welshs Meat. Potatoes and Salad need. Ross Armstrong at Alex McDonald Seed Merchants. Draw in paper, but not many people have bought tickets. Mike Searle had offered to donate cost of advertising thanks given to Mike. Anne to organise Press Advert. $20. Helpers needed on the Day. Keith doing the BBQ, Graham Simes doing the draw. Juanita selling raffle tickets. Alcohol Raffle to be organized. Malcolm Suggested Gallon Whiskey for raffle. Moved by Ash/Noel Carried.
Firewood drive - Letter of thanks to Gary Townshend Canterbury Grasslands re wood donation. RD2 Darfield. Neil would like Peter to be purchased a new chain. Ash seconded, All in favour carried. Senior Players did about 7 cord of wood. Peter to organize next chop. Another 6 cord ordered for.
4. Coaches still needed.
5. JAB. Posts still being organsied through Rod and Lee Golding.
6. Combined sports raffles - Feb is the Rugby clubs turn - Fridays, meat at the pub already. 7th Feb - Merv, 14th - Juanita, 21st - Anne, 28th Ash.
7. Watering of grounds is a contentious issue with regard to combined use of field with Cricket.
8. Darfield Terrace and Cafι have suggested we apply through trust, take to Tony at Darfield. Moved by Ash to apply through Bendigo Charitable Trust for $1000. This would be used for a new pump to water the field. Seconded by Malcolm. Carried. Noel to organise pump and copy quote to. Permission given to Noel to organise this. Anne to ring Jimmy Reardon regarding watering field.
9. Possible to approach Darfield Hotel for funding
10. Ball size 4 for Under 13 and below.
11. Ash would like to recognize Rebel Sports willingness to do great deals for the club. Would like to offer Rebel the chance to supply everything we need.
12. Wrightsons Letter discussed. purchase dog food through Wrightsons and get $10 for club.
13. The Club needs more balls 2 match balls, per team, 5-6 training balls, per team, Noel to get balls from Ed. Dylan to ring Union and then Rebel to quote. Also shorts and embroidery needed quickly. Motion - that a request for funds for shorts, embroidery, socks and rugby balls be put to Pub Charity. Anne/Neil - Carried
14. Scouting for Division III team Ted Webster, or Anne McAndrew.
15. Super 12 Tickets. 6 doubles for Super 12 at this stage.
Dylan and Mike 2 each for 22 Feb. Other tickets to be given to other members of committee and helpers through Anne.
16. Letter to Jack ODay Box 59 Christchurch Canterbury Draught letter of what is happening for Selwyn. Youngster etc,
17. Sheffield happy to help with us getting an Under 11, if we are happy to help with U13 them.
18. Letter to Dave Lyndon for use of Wood Splitter Dylan to do.
19. Changing the meeting Second Tuesday of every month 8pm at clubrooms.
20. Working Bee at the Club for both fields goal posts etc 23 March - Sunday.
Meeting Closed - 9.30pm. Minutes Approved: Chairperson
At the March Meeting (date)
Meetings to now be held Second Tuesday of each month.
11 March 8 April 13 May 10 June 8 July
12 August 9 September 14 October 11 November 16 December
Copies of Minutes to:
Malcolm 3182845 (fax)
Noel 3182864 (fax)
Neil McAndrew Boulder Park, Sleemans Road, RD2 Darfield
Merv copy from school