Make your own free website on Tripod.com

SELWYN RUGBY FOOTBALL CLUB                                                            MINUTES

Secretary - Dylan McDonald                                                                                                                                                               phone 3182636

C/- PDC                                                                                                                                                                                                          fax 3182673

Homebush Road                                                                                                                                                          glentunnel.school@xtra.co.nz

Glentunnel                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

CANTERBURY 8170

 

Meeting:                10 June, 2003

Present:                Anne McAndrew (President), Dylan McDonald (Secretary), Juanita McAndrew (Committee), Ted Webster (III Coach), Noel Langridge(IPP), Ash Williams (Committee) Trevor Cochrane (Committee), David Hynam (III Coach), Gibb Johnson (U11 Coach), Mike Searle (U7˝ Coach).

 

Visitors:               

Meeting open at 8.10pm

 

1.             Apologies:            

                Malcolm Bennett (Treasurer), Merv Hynam (U9 Coach), Neil McAndrew, Pete McAndrew - Ash/Juanita - Carried

 

2.             Additions to the Adoption of the Agenda:       

 

3.             Minutes of the Previous Meeting:    Tuesday 11 March February, 2003.

                Moved for acceptance:       Trevor/Noel.                         Carried.

               

                Matters Arising

  1. $30 for unregistered player, Ted to speak again to Wendy Busch.
  2. Toilets will be checked again.  Noel will look at fixing pipes and pans in the changing shed.  Sealing issues to be rectified by Noel Langridge.
  3. Firewood still begin actioned by Trevor.
  4. Shane has been to the Millar Bar, John does not need to sign papers.  Paper needs to be obtained from the pub, resolution needs to be passed from the Committee.  Secretary needs to sign applications.  If we order vests now, the season will nearly be over. 

 

4.             Inwards Correspondence:

  1. Rebel Sport - Invoices for rugby gear and kit - $1320 long sleeved shirts - drill action shirts + embroidery $171 - socks $855 = $1761, match balls $503, ties and embroidery $900, hit shields, $470, grip bag, $49, kicking disks $17, $26, cones - $562.
  2. Letter from Wendy Busch regading $30 fine.
  3. Rugby Smart letter re coaches that have done the course.  Reply by Dylan sent.  (Email)
  4. Bendigo Valley - re funding application - regret not able to assist at this stage.

 

                Moved as Tabled:                Dave/Juanita         Carried.

 

5.             Outwards Correspondence:

 

6.             Reports

a) President

b) Treasurer - report by Anne from Malcolm

 

In our bank account we have.(10/6/03)            $13698.75

Still to bank $1461.

Total $15159.75

                               

 

 

Moved for Payment by Ash Williams/Dylan McDonald - All in favour carried.

 

Money In

$30 for socks from Gibb to Anne

$195 from Michael Searle for U7˝ subs and socks

$300 from Trevor Cochrane for socks, ties, subs from Div II

 

c) Division II

d) Division III

e) JAB

f) Fund-Raising Committee

 

General Business

  1. Team break up discussed regarding the Seniors.  An effort to get the two senior teams together more from public. 
  2. Water pump is able to be removed each year in Winter to prevent freezing.  Sprinkler hose needs a couple of guys to do one day and put away for storage.  Anne is going to asks Shane and senior players to do.  Key is at Noel’s place.  Electrician needs to disconnect the pump and it needs to be put away.  Ash and Noel to complete pump shed on Saturday morning.  Approval given to Noel to organise supplies as needed for the pump shed.  Juanita / Trevor - Carried.
  3. Strapping tape ordered by Trevor through Anne.
  4. Can the next meetings please be at the Coalgate Tavern please.  Juanita/Gibb.  
  5. Check on ties for monograms each time
  6. Request for help with security at Glentunnel School’s 125th Jubilee.
  7. Discussion regarding rules about shield holders etc.  The Mitchell Cup is currently our cup that is between three clubs Darfield, Kirwee and Selwyn.
  8. Delegates meeting regarding Premier rugby and Division I. Bottom half of Div I and top of Div II will combine to make Division I.  (this is a recommendation to the Ellesmere meeting and may not be accepted by Mid Canterbury)
  9. Dylan shared the work that has been done for the Selwyn Rugby Football Club - Website.

 

 

Duties for Secretary

  1. Letter to Domain Board re chain, application for funds for pump and pump shed.

 

Meeting Closed - 9.30pm.                                                  Minutes Approved:                                                              Chairperson

 

                                                                                                                At the July Meeting (date) 8 July 2003

Next meeting.

Meetings to now be held Second Tuesday of each month.

 

8 July                     12 August             9 September         14 October            11 November        16 December

 

Copies of Minutes to:

Malcolm 3182845 (fax)                      Noel 3182864 (fax)             Neil McAndrew    Boulder Park, Sleemans Road, RD2 Darfield

Merv       copy from school  Dave 3182708 (fax)             Mike 3180635  Fax to Olivers for Dave